Hey Stephen - sorry its taken me so long to respond to your reply. You
know I always appreciate your insights - all joking aside...

1st - I'm not actually compiling the screen into an EXE. Refer to one of
my previous replies to this thread to understand why.

To answer your other questions in your 1st paragraph below. I found the
Version command in VFP - that let's me know if I am currently operating
under VFP7 vs. VFP9. Once I know the difference I then know which types
of routines to call. If in VFP7 - then I call the routines for the OLD
type system, routines that are already in the currently active Procedure
file. Those routines allow for doing the data look-ups. And, when they
ARE Doing the data lookups - its all a bunch of SAY/GET/READS. I make
all the current controls on my Form InVisible - and then the old type of
commands run. It runs Right in my Form. After the lookup is done -
control returns back to the Control on my Form - and I make all the
Controls Visible again.

Now - if its running under VFP9 - my code now calls other Forms for
doing the data look-ups. I hope this makes sense. Once I am done writing
this reply - I will send you Directly off-list another e-mail, with the
screenshots - basically what I sent my boss earlier today - so he can
see the current progress on this project. Since, actually - it was HE
who asked for me to make the same screen work under the VFP7 and VFP9
system.

Actually - since I brought that up, I might as well add. Its strange how
this occurred. We planned out this proposal on what we were going to do
- based upon our client's request. (They are actually our Very Biggest
client - so, around here - we kinda kiss their buttocks a bit...). Well
- the client approved the proposal, signs it - BUT, then, proceeds to
WRITE By Hand on the proposal to add the Request that the new upgrades
must ALSO Be applied to their Newer system - NOT just the older system.
He kinda SLID that in there. I was kinda shocked - and I even told my
boss it's a Lot more work - and that we shoulda charged more for it. But
- heck - whose gonna listen to me...

-K-