I have developed a VFP class in Real Studio to help ease the transition. You get FileToStr(), StrToFile(), Transform(), etc. Other than that, the language is a very close cousin to VFP.

Can you give an example of the brand and model of the Linux Tablets? If it is full Linux, app development shouldn't be a problem. If it is Android, then we have a problem. Real Studio doesn't compile to Android (yet). You can however build a web application in Real Studio and have it accessible across multiple platforms.

Good luck!

On 11/07/2012 08:52 AM, Dave Crozier wrote:
Real Basic is probably the easiest but at a cost, even though it is low.

-----Original Message-----
From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Peter Hart
Sent: 06 November 2012 10:32
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: [NF] Writing a program for Linux Tablets.

Hi everyone

I have just taken on a client as a favour for my local church.

They deal with mentally handicapped children.

They saw some of the cheap Linux Tablets that I sell and think they could
afford to buy some for their volunteers to use for data entry.

I am looking for ideas on how I could program them with a menu and some forms
that they could enter data into,  then have it email the data to their
supervisor, to input into a master table (FoxPro)

Bear in mind I am 70, only able to program using VFP,  and would find it
difficult to learn another language.  If relatively easy then I am prepared to
give my time and learn.

TIA

Peter

Peter Hart Computers

--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts --- multipart/alternative
   text/html
---