From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Paul Hill
Sent: Monday, 12 November 2012 7:02 AM
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: [OT] Can't let conservative blacks win

On 11 November 2012 19:15, lelandj <lela...@mail.smvfp.com> wrote:

> Just off the top of my head, an internal control might work something
> like this.  The starting point in a voter casting a ballot is
> registering to vote. Because many people have the same name, at the
> time a person registers to vote, they could be issued a unique ID number.
>
> In order for the voter to receive a ballot, when they go to vote, they
> could be required to present their unique ID number.  This number
> could be check, and if its valid, and has not already been used, the
> voter could receive a ballot.

You just described the voting system as used by half the world!

Here in the UK I receive a card in the post which I take down to vote.
It can only be used once and only at one place (normally a local school, in
my case the local judo club).

The alternative is the system used in India.  The voter dips his/her finger
in a strong dye.
If you have a blue finger you can't vote!

--
Paul

multipart/alternative
  text/html