My hands are big and so are my fingers. I hate touch phones.
I just got one that has both touch and a small keyboard at the bottom.
I use my nails to press the keys to write text.
The phone calls are touch, because the phone keypad is drawn with big numbers in the screen

I agree, desktops with touch screens won't catch while the monitors are vertical. I they were somehow placed horizontally, and were big enough to display a reasonably sized keyboard, that would be another story.

I have an iPad and hate writing emails with the keyboard that appears on the screen. It is just too small. But it's good for reading, making Skype calls, playing games, watching movies, etc.

Rafael Copquin