From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Rafael
Copquin
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2013 7:25 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: back end

They do have power backups, but they last about 20 minutes. And yes, the
infrastructure is toast, as you say.
But going to phone apps is not suitable. These are stores that sell over the
counter. They need to issue invoices, control stocks, receivables, payables,
cash...
As for web apps, I am looking into FoxInCloud, as an alternative.

But what about the rest of my questions?

 >I do not think the DB is the critical choice here. The infrastructure is
toast or so it seems. I would move to phone >apps or Web apps and get away
100% from desktop environment. Is the internet stable from provider to HQ?
If so >does HQ have power backups to allow a graceful shutdown over 20+ min
of dead time? Would HQ consider >putting in a generator to feed the IT power
as needed?