Samsung are useless once they sold you the kit. they don't care about aftercare, never have up to date android, put a load of crap on (bit like windows really). I still have an S1 phone and its being kept up to date by cyanogenmod. I love samsung hardware but I would think twice about buying anything else samsung. No EU does the pay loads each month though you can, and I do, buy mine. I don't make many calls so I do PAYG.
Al

I believe it does.

However, the Nexus line has a much nicer Android experience IMHO.
I'm not missing the SD slot on my Nexus 4 & 7 as most of what I do is web based.

The Nexus devices are nicely priced compared to Samsung.
Perhaps this is a UK/European perspective where it's more common to
buy the device outright and get a cheap monthly voice/data deal.