I hear you.
Nope, this was my problem because I have been creating a new folder when I
made changes.
Just my inexperience with the forms.
When I changed columncount to 3 and pressed CTRL E to see what it looked
like, it asked me if I wanted to save my changes, and being pressed for
time, I said yes.

Oh well, live and learn.
If I start doing more of this, I"m going to look into github and the online
sourcesafe (can't remember the name of it right now).
Once I get electricity, I've got several boxes so I could set something up
there, but with only one project in 3 years, I'm not sure that it is worth
it at the moment.