On 2014-05-12 14:04, Jeff Johnson wrote:
Who's side are you on?!?  ;^)

If that was not stipulated in the original agreement then I agree. I
personally (and would recommend to my customers) would check this out
in advance.  If I can't readily get my data back any time I want - or
have a way to get it myself as in an export - then I would not use
that service.

By the way, we're not talking about pictures of Disney World here.
Some examples are payroll, client Medicare information that is
required to be HIPPA compliant, client information for the deceased.
I personally would not put this type of information in this type of an
application, but people do.

You're right on with that last sentence and your part...lessen your exposure! I'm thinking about putting something in my password set/change screen that says "Make sure you do not use any passwords that you've already associated with your bank or other sensitive information. Use something bizarre/silly, preferably, so that if one of your accounts is ever compromised, you limit your risk."