On Sat, 18 Oct 2014, at 10:20 PM, AndyHC wrote:
> I had a copy of Windows 1.x given out free by ms at a meeting of the PC
> Users Group in London sometime in the mid 80s.

In sort of similar news, we very occasionally have a need to dredge up
Foxpro for Windows 2.6 and the old 16-bit version of our software for a
very few holdout customers, most of the time when they are finally
upgrading.

I have been using a 32-bit Windows 8 VM but for some reason it refuses
to draw the display properly for Win16 applications.

So last week I found myself installing and configuring Windows For
Workgroups 3.11 under DosBOX, and then running the stuff under that.
Never thought I'd be doing that again.

  Alan Bourke
  alanpbourke (at) fastmail (dot) fm