If I load mysql or maria on my box at home and do the insert there via vfp,
and then do a backup of the mysql database, upload it to my host via
filezilla and do a restore on my host, will that work?

thats what I've been thinking about doing.
Just haven't had time to focus on it with all the financial things going
wrong