Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in responding, it is tax season and our software generates
1099s so my time for forums and this list
is very limited. I'm glad I took a quick break and saw this today.

Yes, I'm a partner at Forward Thinking Software along with Frank Perez. We
started building it in late 2014, and went
public at Southwest Fox 2015 by showing our beta version and getting feedback
from other developers. It went into
production in January 2016 and has been rolling for the last year. It has
already saved several customers from multiple
ransomware attacks, and many others from the normal common hardware failures
and power problems, and of course protects
from theft, fire and other natural disasters.

SET MARKETING ON   && for those who are not interested

We built this product out of a need to protect our vertical market and custom
software customers who do not have an IT
person or do not do a good job at backups. It is something we have needed for
several years, especially with the advent
of the ransomware discussed. It turns out the process of doing the backups was
not difficult (time consuming, yes), but
the management of the backups, scheduling, monitoring, and reoccurring billing
are not trivial.

CleverFox Backup backs up VFP data (DBC and/or free tables) even if they are
open in shared mode, something other
backups sometimes fail to do, or will only do when they table gets closed. It
also can do SQL Server backups too, which
is perfect for those who are using SQL Server Express, or better. All on a
scheduled basis, configurable to be done
multiple times a day, week, or month. All it requires is Windows XP and better,
and an Internet connection. Management
of the backups is done via the Web-based management console either by the
customer, their IT people, or you as the
developer if given permission by the customer. Naturally it keeps a history of
backups in the cloud, and even the local
computer depending on how you configure it. Mostly it is a management of the
gigabytes allotted. On-the-fly backups can
also be initiated via the Web site.

Monitoring can be done via the Web site. Emails are configurable upon success,
failure or missing (in the case when the
user shuts down the computer over the scheduled time). If backup is missed, the
backup is performed soon after reboot
once the service gets loaded and connects to the Web server.

Restores can be initiated from the Web to copy the ZIP file down to the
computer. You can also use the System Tray
applet to download backups. Someone has to decompress the file from there.

Frank also built a REST API for developers who want to interact with the data
on the backend of our system too. We have
sample code for VFP developers to interact with the API. All the data returned
from the API shows up in cursors. The API
is documented on the CleverFoxBackup.com site.

Plans start as low as US$9.95 a month per device (normally the computer where
the data resides). The lowest level works
for most customers just fine as VFP data compresses with high efficiency.

One side benefit we did not consider when we first put this together is the
ability to use the backups to restore to a
test folder, or bring down for diagnostics when the software is having a
problem and it is related to data. I'm using
this feature this morning to set up a test environment for a customer.

I'm not just a partner, I am a user. We have this on our own servers, we have
it on numerous customer servers and
workstations, and several other developers are using it for their customers.

We handle all the billing automatically on a monthly basis, and share revenue
with partners who are referring their
customers to use the software. Give me a call if you (or anyone else on the
list) are interested. 586.254.2530.

SET MARKETING OFF

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.