On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Peter Cushing
<pcush...@whisperingsmith.com> wrote:

> We created our own here by having a baseline data set on a backup server and
> then zap each table and append from the live data.  You then keep all the
> database properties with the stored data.  You have to update the backup set
> if you make a structure change but it's not that difficult.
> As Alan says, you don't know if it is a valid backup at a point in time as
> it takes time to run, so you may have say stock transactions for a new stock
> item but no new stock item.  Having said this it is MUCH better than no
> backup and you don't have to have everyone out to run it, so it can be run
> several times during the day.

Peter:

I would have a concern if the backup server can be connected-to over
the same network containing the primary data, you have a risk that
malware on connecting machines (ransomware is the current concern, but
not the only one) could contaminate both the production data and the
backup.