>> Can't you just do a FLOCK() and then SELECT * from Source into table
>> c:\backup\Target ?<<

Yes you can, well if you want problems with users being locked out of tables
"randomly" during the day, and you don't
care about the metadata of the DBC, or the stored procedures, or, or, or...

<shrug>

If it was simple and easy, I would have purchased this from someone else who
has done it already, plus added in all the
automated billing to save hours of admin time.

I mean, who writes their own reindexing routine for Visual FoxPro data these
days? (rhetorical question)

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com