It is a great feature for doing multiuser testing.  Run multiple instances
on same machine - functionally (for most purposes) the same as multiple
users hitting same data.

-----Original Message-----
From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Kurt at
VR-FX
Sent: Saturday, 13 May 2017 6:00 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Running Multiple Instances of VFP 9

Darren - Exactly.

Paul - as RK said - and I do it ALL the Time - actually - right now I have 2
instances open.

For the Hell of it - try this.

Go to the Windows Start menu - find VFP - right click on it and Run as Admin
- and see if THAT allows for another VFP session to run! The only reason I
know about the Admin option is because Projects I have to compile - that
have VCX's in them - they REQUIRE me to run VFP in Admin mode...

-K-

On 5/12/2017 3:33 PM, Darren wrote:
> One limitation is you can't modify the same project in different instances
> of VFP dev environment simultaneously. VFP opens project excl.

Richard
> Kaye
> Sent: Saturday, 13 May 2017 5:21 AM
> To: profoxt...@leafe.com
> Subject: RE: Running Multiple Instances of VFP 9
>
> Sure. I do it all the time. It should just work unless you have your
> environment setup with some dependencies on exclusive access.
>
> --
>
> rk

H.