On 2017-06-19 12:15, Fernando D. Bozzo wrote:
Hi Paul:

Just in case you didn't already think on possible setting's that can affect the performance heavily, and you keep looking what is different in VFP 9 that can make things so slow, I give you one that could be the responsible:

Using for..each for looping into a VFP object without using the new keyword
FOXOBJECT
I think that it is the most important change that need a code change to
maintain compatibility.
If the for..each is for looping a com object, then no problem, but if the
object is a VFP object, then not having the FOXOBJECT keyword make VFP
treat the object as a com one, making it's access really slow

Just when I thought I couldn't learn anything more about VFP9....you educated me on the FOXOBJECT keyword. I often use FOR EACH loops, and they're ALWAYS fox objects. I'll have to remember this tip.

Thanks, Fernando!
--Mike