Charlie,

You make some great points including the importance of encrypting
important data and how to manage incoming and outgoing files. I agree
with these points and like you said, these points apply equally to HTTP
file transfers as well.

But (there's always a but<g>), I disagree with you that FTP is a secure
protocol because FTP transmits login information UN-encrypted. Although,
if all your FTP access is via anonymous login, then I guess this is a
moot point<g>.

Malcolm