Kurt,

As with some of the others, my thought is that you can't realistically
recommend some other product until you are much more familiar with what
parts they currently use and how they use them.  And what they would hope to
accomplish with those once moved to the new environment.  There are lots of
tools out there and no way to know which is best until you understand what
they have.

Also, X# has a considerable amount of interest, simply because it will (in
theory) allow you to run the current VFP code as well as add new features in
C#, F#, VB.  But it's all a guessing game until they are able to release
something.

It may also be that you are the only candidate they can find.  And you do
hang out with some of the best names in the industry (heck, if the current
developer has any VFP books, chances are they were written by folks here -
who might even give you a recommendation.)

Anyway, I wish you the best,

Fletcher

Fletcher Johnson
fletchersjohn...@yahoo.com