On Jan 4, 2007, at 1:35 PM, David Crooks wrote:

> Now the honesty part:  It could have been a little smoother which
> comes
> with practice with the screencast software.

        Do you mean that I wasn't very smooth, or that the recording wasn't?
If it's the former, well, not much I can do about that - that's why I
write software instead of doing voice-overs for commercials. ;-)

        The screen recording software is pyvnc2swf, so it relies on the
quality of the VNC server. If I turn on finer updating, the lags are
unbearable. This was about the best compromise I could manage.

> I agree with Jean about not completing what you said at the
> beginning of
> the screencast.  It seemed to me like you were almost there.

        One of the problems is the inability to edit afterwards, so I have
to do this all in one shot. In the past I've done recordings where I
got about 8-10 minutes into it, and then something happened that
forced me to start all over again. I did a couple of dry runs, and
the whole thing took about 16 minutes, so this was the cleanest
breakpoint near the middle of that.

> BTW, I did download the latest version and am starting to look into it
> further.  Thanks!

        Great - if you have any questions about it, the dabo-users list is
probably the best place to ask them.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com