The big hurdle for a country like the US is whether she should support
the UN to the extent the UN, with support from other countries, became
the most powerful military in the world.  I don't think the UN should
every become so powerful.  The UN should be structured in a way that
would prevent the UN form ever becoming a unitary, self support,
autocratic authority with a life of its own.  In other words, the UN
should have checks and balance to ensure it remain responsible to the
majority of the people of earth, through the  representative of the
countries.

I think the UN should be structure to require a substantial majority, if
not a unanimous vote, before the UN can take action in performing her
duties.

Regards,

LelandJ