I also think it's a chicken and egg thing.  I think
the time when customers used to stick with one
business because the service was that good, is long
gone.

I have one auto dealership that I buy from.  Their
service is unbelievably good.  I'm willing to pay more
for their cars to have that service, even if their car
prices are good anyway.

I have one bank that I'm going to consolidate all my
accounts into because their service is that good.