From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Hal Kaplan
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:52 PM
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: RE: [NF] Microsoft Caught out - Naughty, Naughty!

=> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chet Gardiner => => And
yet, still, 90% of lawyers and doctors are only => maginally competent at
best...
=>
=> As for plumbers and carpenters -- "certification" is not => designed to
weed out the incompetent but rather to raise the => bar for entry into
lucrative professions to the favored few.
=>  In many cases, originally, it was to keep out the Blacks => and the
Irish.  <s> => => Basic business skills are irrelevant to a good computer
=> program and, if you believe the many pro-m$ types, so are ethics...
=>

Chet, you are kidding, right?

Plumbers are certified because the lives of people are at risk from bad
plumbing practices.  Remember that in most jurisdictions, plumbers also
handle natural gas installations too.

Carpentry certification is also based on public safety.

The line about keeping out minorities is certainly true but the trade unions
are primarily responsible for that.

B+
HALinNY