At 08:11 PM 1/22/2007 -0200, Helio W. wrote:
>Charlie,
>
>I wasn't trying to "malign an overall general group that doesn't believe the
>same way they do".
>
>I just said Hitler was a believer.
>
>Hitler was a painter too. Do you think I'm trying to insinuate that all
>painters are evil?

Hmm.... Then why didn't you say Hitler was a painter? Why bother saying
Hitler was a believer?

I can't recall the whole thread, but I believe you chimed in about the time
everyone was talking about "evil" people. If weren't implying being a
believer influenced his behavior, then OK <shrug>

>Madandgay does "malign an overall general group that doesn't believe the
>same way they do" in a very crude way and you never seem to bother. Why is
>that?

I can't speak for someone else, but I do have my own tirades occasionally.
I will say that what I've observed over the years of messageboards, emails,
etc, it seems the "shock value" of messages are on the rise. Whether it's
use of crude terms expressing personal emotions, or denigrating others
using intelligent-sounding speech, in general they're used to make the
originator "feel better". But that's just my opinion.

>Let me ask you a question: do you think the fact of someone being an atheist
>augments the chance of him/she being EVIL?

That is a very interesting question. At first I thought you were asking if
being an atheist would mean they were evil. I don't believe that's the
case. However, you asked if being an atheist would 'augment' the chance of
someone being evil. So...

In my opinion I think being atheistic would increase the chances of someone
becoming evil or doing evil acts. I think this mainly because my beliefs
have Satan as an active deceiver of mankind. If a person doesn't have God
to help counteract that, it'll be easier to trick them into thinking what
they're doing is just fine. But I guess this path gets hard to follow from
an atheistic point of view. Because if there is no God, who decides what is
good and evil? And if there is no real distinction, how could an atheist be
more prone to commit evil?

That being said, history is full of non-atheistic evil-doers (assuming we
can come to some general agreement on what is evil).

>Another question: Is Tom Haggert a believer?

I'm not familiar with that name. Could you elaborate?

-Charlie