Paul Hill wrote:
> Visual Source Safe also 'requires' the .NET framework.  But you can
> uninstall it afterwards and VSS works just fine.

Wow...that's interesting....just like the recent post here (within 2
months?) of a web page that required you to install some sort of M$
active-x control, yet others reported that the page worked fine without
it.  Sounds like "intimidation distribution marketing" or something of
that nature.  "You must have <this>" they say but it's really not
required for now...they just want it to be there for the future.

> I've yet to see a decent .NET app.  I like the idea (ditto Java), but
> not convinced yet.

I haven't either, but then again, I'm not looking.  <g>

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC