> Not knowing your environment, version of PCA, etc., I can't say why you are
> having such issues.  I am running versions on some client PCs as hosts as
> far back as v-8.0, most are now 10.5-12.5.  Yet all work fine with my VPN
> connections on several of my PCs.  I am running v-10 - v-12.5 on my various
> machines.  I never have a problem.  If I recall for Win2k you must have
> v-10.0 or later.  For XP I think it is v-10.5 0r 11.0 or later.  But I am
> certain you already know this, therefore the problems lay elsewhere...

I'm a developer with supports guys. I had to install PCA once, and I
guess I installed a version on W2K that made it crash-- no message
saying it was incompatible, etc.-- just breakage... Not at all
acceptable, IMO.

> That said, I know that PayChex Windows version craps out if pcAnywhere
> v-10.5 or earlier is installed and in Host Mode on a PC running PayChex.  I
> am not certain who between them is causing the problem.  But by simply
> moving that client to v-10.0 to v-12.0 the problem went away with both
> pcAnywhere and PayChex.  Conflicts happen.  It is a shame it is impacting
> you so badly.  A viable alternative is likely a good move, but that does not
> make pcAnywhere a poor product.

It doesn't personally impact me that badly, as I avoid the crap. :)
There's just no need for it when free, better alternatives exist...

--
Derek