From: "mrgmhale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <profox@leafe.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:35 PM
Subject: RE: [NF] Postgre SQL

> Is there a
> way to deliver it with an update CD, automate the setup, etc so
> the data could be converted - all with little or no user assistance?

Gawd, I wish!  If you are using VFP remote views, instead of direct table
hits, it may not be too hard to adapt to the new back end, unless you have a
lot of hard coded remote views.  But, if you are using mostly direct table
hits this will be a nightmare no matter what rdms you choose.  I am trying
to get my hands around a viable approach for this exact situation, where one
of my VFP apps uses mostly direct table connections.  It is going to be a
mess, but worth it for what I am after.  I expect to start that project this
early summer.  Perhaps I will look to you for directions by then (?).

Good luck!  And get the "PostgreSQL For Windows" book (written by Richard
Blum), just released!

Gil