On Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:45 PM Ed Leafe wrote:

>       Well, duh... I know what the word itself means. I meant what
does a group of feel-good, dope-
>smoking burnouts from over a quarter-century ago have to do with Linux?
It was about as lame an
>attempt at making a point as I've seen on the non-OT list, and rivals
some of the lamest on the OT
>side of things.

>       I was just hoping that there is some inside joke in there that I
was missing, rather than it >simply being a dumb post that reflects more
on the poster than on the intended target.

I think there is a connection between hippies and Linux users in some
sense of the word as someone who is not main stream and on the fringe of
society.  Not that there is anything wrong with it.  No analogy is
perfect.

David L. Crooks