I've worked with graduates from Ivy League Schools
that I wouldn't let wash my car.  So certification is
only part of the solution.

Additionally, certified doesn't mean you can bring a
project in on budget and have it work.  You may know
how to program, but can't meet deadlines, use the
right tools, or provide the correct solution.

This is not a "one size fits all" industry.

I can provide a Foxpro solution, or an Oracle
solution.  Which one is right?