On Aug 9, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Mark Stanton wrote:

> VFP's view wizard lets (in fact seems to want) me to identify key
> fields in
> all the tables in the view, and if it knows that, how far off
> updating more
> than one of the tables can it be?

        Let's think about a real-world example. You have a table of
employees, and a table of positions (i.e., the various jobs). You
have a view that contains the employee and their position.

        You modify the employee's phone number, and that updates back to the
employee table - no problem. Now you modify their position: what
should happen now? If they were "sales" and you change it to
"manager", do you really want to change the entry for "sales" in the
position table? If you do, everyone who is in sales will now be
managers - hardly the scenario you want.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com