> Well, it does not "die" with it, but if it sees a significant change with
> the HW it may require you to reactivate it and maybe explain it away to a M$
> tech as a replacement motherboard in the same PC.  Could get edgy.  I would
> opt for the full version of XP Pro were it not for my MDSN subscription.

My sister has a IBM ThinkCentre A50 8090 PC. The board of that PC has
just died. The PC uses i865GV chipset. So I bought a new motherboard, an
Asrock P4i65G using i865G chipset, and assembled a new PC using the
living CPU, DDR-400 RAM and the harddisk.

When the new PC boots, it required me to activate Windows XP. I haven't
confirmed that one yet.

In the worst case scenario, the activation would fail because the
hardware has been changed and I would need to buy a new copy of Windows,
likely a Vi$ta Home Basic.

--
  @~@    http://changmw.homeip.net
 / v \   May the Force and Farce be with you! Linux 2.6.23.1