Vague spec:
All encompassing line of business application, for ten to twenty users.  A
couple of say ten table databases plus document management, which could be
another ten table database.  Also other external ancillaries, routing of
incoming faxes, iSMTP event sink to route incoming emails, input scanned
documents etc.  Basically a Company wide integrated database solution.

64bit - That's were the crystal ball comes in, I do not foresee any genuine
system need for 64bit, but in five years time it might transpire to be a
marketing disadvantage to not be able to run on a 64bit server, then again
it might not matter.

Database storage - I see no reason why the database cannot reside on the
Companies internal server, which is also their SMTP mail server; most of the
access will be from internally anyway.  There are already a couple of VPNs
in place to allow remote users to connect to that internal server.  Maybe
some restricted remote web access might be necessary at some point.

Nick