On Mar 19, 2008, at 4:57 PM, MB Software Solutions General Account
wrote:

> I firmly believe that those terrible things are going to happen to our
> soldiers regardless of how we treat POWs or whomever.  So hence, I
> agree
> whole-heartedly with his statement if in fact I read/understood it
> correctly....so no, not silly to say "black and white---I agree" with
> what he said.

        But what you said was that there was no way that anyone could
possibly think differently than you on this matter.

> What's your take on it---I mean, do you think the way we treat them
> has
> any bearing on how they're going to treat our guys?  I'm reminded of
> them beheading that Russian soldier on live TV....is that because the
> Russians were doing the same thing?

        The old eye for an eye philosophy? Who was the guy that said not to
do that? Oh yeah, Jesus. So I guess that the people who claim to
believe in him and follow him are complete morons, eh?

        So let me understand things better from your POV: if they had shot
him in the head, would that have been better? What about if they
injected him with the same lethal drugs used here in the US to execute
people: would that have been OK? Or how about if they sent hi-tech
jets over his house and fired smart bombs that killed him and his
family instead? Would that make them civilized?

        There have been lots of killings on both sides. Our "leaders" want a
terrified populace who will cowardly agree to anything that promises
to make them safer, so of course they promote any video that shows
"the enemy" as vicious and sub-human, while suppressing any images
that show what our own people are doing to them. You are being
manipulated big-time, and you're totally oblivious to it.

-- Ed Leafe