On Apr 18, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Paul McNett wrote:

>> 2. it's not the "how we do" part that really matters, it's the
>> "what we
>> do", and on that count our record is pitiful.
>
> I don't follow this. We are using computers everywhere, advancing our
> understanding of the universe, coming up with new ways to model just
> about everything, for example.

        Here's my attempt at translating Bill-speak: We aren't moving
everyone to VFP, and all that other stuff is useless, because it isn't
VFP.

        Most of us struggled to accept the fact that VFP wouldn't last
forever, and at some point realized that wishing wouldn't change
things, and found a path for the future. Bill hasn't reached that
point yet.

-- Ed Leafe