Bill Arnold wrote:
> Michael,

> I think, for now, the better course of action is just to sell products
> and see where we stand in 5 or so years. MS is eventually going to have
> to do something about VFP's continuity, and I think they know that. Best
> resolution: turn it over to some team that will take it over with
> respect for MS's proprietary stuff, but keep it going.

Bill,

M$ did do something about M$'s continuity....they decided not to
continue with it!

Bill -- why won't you see that it's over in terms of any forward
development?  Sure, the tool as it currently is will work for another
decade+, but what you see is what you get....nothing more than what
we've got---with the exception of the great things folks are doing with
Sedna/VFPX....and that's some great stuff (e.g., Foxcharts).  I don't
feel bad about using VFP as it does so much and will continue to work
for quite a while, but M$ is done with it.  I don't think that could be
any more clear than it is today.

Seriously though---what more do you want M$ to do with FoxPro?  What is
VFP not doing now for you?