On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Ed Leafe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Stephen Russell wrote:
>
> > I have to call a bull shit on that.  You bought securities that said
> > they
> > were paying 90% on time and it's rate was AMAZING.  It was gold and
> > EVERYBODY bought it thinking that they were going to get rich.
>

>         EVERYBODY.
>
>        Maybe you need to shout a little louder to make it true.
>
>        Don't you find it interesting that the financial professionals
> (i.e.,
> the ones who certainly knew what they were doing) are being bailed out
> by the government, but individuals are simply cut loose?

Who is getting bailed out?

The government is guaranteeing the funds within the bank so if you had money
there it was safe.

Now the people who managed the bank and the employees are not so safe.  So
you think that their performance generated the KILLER bonuses that these
banks gave themselves?  Guess what no bonus.  Oh and the value of the
company stocks that they owned?  Heck all of that value is worthless paper
in your eyes.  Purchased in the 30-75$ per share and now trading on the
street @ under 10$

I know that a lot of 401-Ks had these banks in their portfolios so those
investments are sucking eggs, but then you are either aware of what is
happening or your not.

So can you elaborate more on this bail out and define pints that I have
missed?

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer