> Justin Darnell wrote:
> > Everyone has to believe and follow in their own way but my personal
> > understanding of what is required of me is to love first and to leave
> > the judging to God.
> >

> I like this bloke.

Even I agree with leaving the judging to God. I think the nuance here is
that I do not equate making observations about spiritual reality with
necessarily judging or condemning another person.

In the context in which the "judge not" imperative is made in scripture
(Luke 6:37), the idea is simply that God will apply the measure of judgment
against you that you apply to others.

It does not mean that you have to be neutered from speaking the truth, or
warning someone about the dangers of what they are doing to themselves. Just
that if you are a harsh judge, you better not have a spot on your record, or
you won't get any mercy either.

Definitely something we forget to our peril when feeling outraged about
something.

- Bob