Michael,

> Too bad it's not---I'd feel better if my nseew had her former
> (maiden) name.

Remember that the next time you think about having a woman change her name
so it matches yours. My husband's ex has never remarried, and she uses the
McDaniel name. I am not upset by that, and have had a lot of talks with
Steve about it. Steve has four children with her. He needed to get over
himself with respect to his name.

When we marry it is accepted that we can change our name to anything we want
at no cost to us. We women who have changed our names did it voluntarily.
Once we do it, it is our name, not the name of our spouse.

Get over it. Surely you have bigger worries than some petty issue about the
name the mother of your children chooses to carry.

Kristyne