Sytze,

Use "Union all" not union. The union on its own removes duplicate records.

Dave Crozier

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Sytze de Boer
Sent: 23 July 2008 07:32
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: VFP9- SQL with UNION

Folk, I'm stuck

I'm trying to extract data from 3 seperate tables as follows
Select date,stockcode,stktype,invnum,SUM(qty) ,sell,desc, "H" as SRCE From
winhst  Where stktype=333 UNION ;
Select date,stockcode,stktype,invnum,SUM(qty) ,sell,desc, "J" as SRCE From
wintime Where stktype=333 UNION ;
Select date,stockcode,stktype,invnum,SUM(qty) ,sell,desc, "I" as SRCE From
wininvs  Where stktype=333 GROUP BY stockcode ORDER BY stockcode Into Table
&myfile

It works fine except I end up with 1 record instead of about 50 (the number
of stockcode)
i.e. it does not respect the ORDER by clause

If I do
Select date,stockcode,stktype,invnum,SUM(qty) ,sell,desc, "I" as SRCE From
wininvs Where stktype=333 GROUP BY stockcode ORDER BY stockcode Into Table
&myfile
it works fine, but (obviously) it excludes the data from the first 2 tables

I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure what it is.

Can someone help ?

--
Regards
Sytze de Boer