It's not a language barrier issue. Ricardo just thinks everyone gives a
rat's ass whether or not he gives a rat's ass, which they never do, because
he never does, mainly because he's incapable of any charity at all toward
people of unlike mind.

Or at least, he feels compelled to make things deeply personal against
people who have different opinions from his. I happen to enjoy his bromides
immensely, and wish him well with his boat project, but never attribute them
to stupidity or language barriers. His malice is not by accident, nor do I
think it's something he controls at a conscious level.

The irony of all this is that a couple people are constantly called out for
this kind of thing, but he's never one of them, because he happens to agree
for the most part with the Fearless Leader of this list, who instead hides
behind twit filters and snipes indirectly at the folks he disdains, via
"lesser minds" on his side who deign to engage them.

ProFox OT is nothing if not a microcosm of human nature in all its
bloviating, pontificating, nonsensical glory. That's why I enjoy it more
than any other forum. ;)

- Bob