Gilbert M. Hale wrote:
>> I am just trying to help point out here that just because you have a
>> contract doesn't mean that you are going to win.
>
> One should never go to court seeking justice, as it is often who can
> outspend or outlast whom that wins the day.  The David vs Goliath stories
> are rare, which is why they are the ones books and movies put forth for a
> pubic clamoring for vicarious justice in a world where there is no such
> thing as true justice.
>
> Also, anyone who says clipping support is illegal is wrong.  It is not
> legislatively incorrect to do that.  But in a civil lawsuit anything goes,
> and it is this tort aspect where one can get into a problem with clipping a
> client.  The contractual obligations, responsibilities and penalties
must be
> clear and generally at least reasonable when it comes to a cure.
Otherwise,
> as has been pointed out, the contract will not matter one bit.  And if you
> clip without contractual agreements spelling out the affected terms and
> conditions, you better bend over and get ready to take a 2 x 4 crosswise -
> especially if a business can show you have done irreparable harm in the
> process.  And, no, your homeowner/personal liability insurance will not
> protect you, and it is doubtful your business liability will not protect
you
> either.
>
> My 5 cents.  "Gil is now getting off his soap box!"

Here's your change.  <g>

My point is this:  it's just like the electric company---don't pay your
bills, get adequate warnings/notices, and then the power goes off until
you pay your bill.  As long as it's all spelled out clearly in a fair
contract, I should be fine.

--
Mike Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC