Stephen Russell wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Ricardo Aráoz <ricar...@gmail.com>:
>

>> An innovative marketing trick would be to ship a fully tested product,
>>

> Doesn't everyone?  I don't consider security breeches untested.

Sure, Micro$hit has NEVER EVER shipped an insufficiently tested product.
And customers do NEVER EVER say "wait till SP2 to buy it".
I was having this same argument with Cinderella and the Easter Bunny
last night.

>> with simple to understand licenses, without bullshit language and
>> acronyms, and a compromise of open sourcing the code if they ever decide
>> not to support it.
>> Then, and only then I 'might' start to consider buying it from them.
>>
> ----------------------
>
> If you sell in a vertical market do you give your source code to all
> your clients?

If you don't commercialize the product any more you could, and if there
is interest from your clients then you are just screwing them if you
close it. I don't know if that is sound commercial behaviour. But I DO
know that not buying from someone who behaves that way with customers is
sensible client behaviour.
My Steve! You sound just like a Micro$hit sales rep!

Bad Ricardo.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---