Michael Madigan wrote:
> Who owns a netbook, what do you have, and do you like it?
>
> I'm looking for a portable machine to use for web surfing and remote desktop
> applications.

Have an msi wind u100 series with 2Gb and 160hd. Really love it. Came
with XP and had no problems installing Ubuntu too. When I get home I
just hook it to a 22' monitor, mouse and a 360Gb usb drive and miss
almost nothing. Had planned for a keyboard too but the netbook's
keyboard is really comfortable. Battery life is about 4hs.
But it's already a year old, I think there are better choices, heard of
one which had a 16hrs battery life, cant remember the brand. But even if
they lie a bit about the 16hs you'll certainly get 12hs and that's more
than enough for anyone's needs.