I have an Acer Aspire One. It has an 11.6 inch monitor and the keyboard
is full size (minus the keypad of course). The Home/End buttons are a
combination key stroke Func+PageUp/Down, makes things a little tedious
at times. I have VFP 9 and Visual Studio 2005 installed on it and use
them frequently. Windows Vista Home 2gb, 250gb hdd. I turned the classic
theme on and got video performance out of it. Hi-def youtube video's
don't play on it. It's an Atom 1.6ghz processor. Acer decided to use the
Virtual abilities of the processor to trick Vista in believing there was
two processors. The screen resolution is 1366x768. I feel the video is a
little under powered, and Acer doesn't provide a way to change the
shared memory to increase it for the video, at least I've not found a way.

Most of the time I use it for IRC and mail and web browsing. It is
perfectly capable of programming on, but with a little patients for the
IntelliSense background compiling.

I read that sometime in the spring of this year, we should see on the
market, 250gb flash drives in netbooks. I saw a for sale a 250gb flash
drive, it cost more than the netbook. I know a flash drive would
definitely increase the perceived performance of the unit.

If you want a data plan, use the wi-fi when it's available, and the
cellular system when wi-fi isn't available/trusted, look into what your
cellular company is offering.

Tracy