I have a 1.5 (about) year old ASUS eeepc 160gb hd, wireless bg, xp home, etc.
My hands are too big for the keyboard, but
I find for terminal services and outlook express email, exchange/outlook and
things that I do most of the time, it is
fine. I always bring along a keytronics full size keyboard and a real mouse for
any serious typing. That little touch
pad works well if you just spend some time: lightly tap it and it is like a
double-click. For under $350, it is the only
laptop I have that I believe was worth what I paid.

You can put the thing in a side pocket of a small carry on case. the full size
keyboard requires more space - usually
just stick it in with some clothes. I can attach a 2nd display if I need to and
work with VFP, comple, etc. It is not as
good as a desktop with multiple displays of course, but if you are traveling,
it works well.

The thing is so handy that I find I almost never use my 17" Acer laptop
anymore. Of course, the Acer has Vista so it is
almost impossible to use anyway. Was a waste of money. The hardware is fine,
but the Vista is pure crap - even worse
that the other M$ crap: ME.  I will never buy another Vista crap computer.

The other day I saw an ASUS with 8gb flash drive (no hard drive) that was even
smaller. It has wireless, but I don't
know how much I could do with 8gb. I was very tempted. It had XP home. It was
used and was only 149.00 at a place in
Henderson NV. I may go back and get it. They offered $30 trade in for a
non-working Sony 5 year old laptop that I have.

I saw an Acer netbook that looked exactly like my ASUS, probably the same
manufacturer. It had 160gb hard drive,
wireless etc.

If you are driving cross country like from California to New Mexico which I do,
many places have wireless and you can
stop and check google quickly and keep going.