actually that figure is totally wrong.
according to the dept of labor, there are 96.8 million full time workers.
http://keepamericaatwork.com/?p=8431

according to the irs, there are 154 million full time workers
http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/article/0,,id=102174,00.html

according to the census bureau there are 260 million people over the age
of 15

based on the fact that people actually have to file a tax form, I'd
trust the irs numbers as the dept of labor numbers are based on a phone
survey