From: profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Hill
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 1:18 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: [NF] Lock down your WI-FI RIGHT NOW!

This is all I can find:

http://www.wikihow.com/Secure-Your-Wireless-Home-Network
6. Don't disable the 'SSID Broadcast'. Do not disable the 'SSID Broadcast'
feature of your Access Point or router. This seems counter-intuitive, but it is
actually a bad idea.[3] Although this would make your network invisible to your
neighbors, any determined hacker can still sniff out your SSID; and you are
implicitly forcing your computer to shout out your SSID anywhere you are, while
it is trying to connect to it. Anyone could then impersonate your router with
that SSID, and get your credentials that way.

--
Paul