Immediately after writing this I realized the - is also unnecessary -
changing >./ to <./

This makes it obvious that all I really need, in this case, is to pick
the next closest point. I'm a little nervous about this (because of
symmetry) but it seems to work. I've not attempted to discover why
symmetry is not a problem.

NB. pick next corner based on closeness:
choose=: cdr #~ [: (= <./) rms@(cdr -"1 {:@:car)

--
Raul