From: programming-boun...@forums.jsoftware.com
[mailto:programming-boun...@forums.jsoftware.com] On Behalf Of Linda Alvord
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:09 AM
To: programm...@jsoftware.com
Subject: Re: [Jprogramming] A complex question?

Is this a true statement?

   NB. Taking the logarithm of the reciprocal of a
   NB. number changes the sign of all parts of the logarithm
   NB. the original number.

   N=: 4 2 1 0 0.5 0.25

   ^. N
1.38629 0.693147 0 __ _0.693147 _1.38629

   ]R=: % N
0.25 0.5 1 _ 2 4

   ^. R
_1.38629 _0.693147 0 _ 0.693147 1.38629

   C=:1j1 _1j1 _1j_1 1j_1

   ^.C
0.346574j0.785398 0.346574j2.35619 0.346574j_2.35619 0.346574j_0.785398

   ]RC=: % C
0.5j_0.5 _0.5j_0.5 _0.5j0.5 0.5j0.5

   ^. RC
_0.346574j_0.785398 _0.346574j_2.35619 _0.346574j2.35619 _0.346574j0.785398

Linda