Bill,

You're going right over my head.
Can you show how a verb like "white" can change the background color to
white, for example,
or how a more general verb "background" can take a rgb vector argument? I'm
not versed in callbacks, for example.
Without such a feature "logo" style free inputs cannot be issued by the
user. Unless you are saying a parser must be created that takes keystrokes
like a_g_char does.
With the old opengl I constructed verbs like `white` routinely.

Thanks,

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 7:16 PM bill lam <bbill....@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can setup state for drawing outside paint event, but all actual drawing
> must happen inside paint event, the verb a_g_paint, the callback verb. It
> is useless if you call the verb from your code or copying the commands
> inside and execute them from your code.
>
> For opengl drawing you need a opengl context. The opengl context is only
> valid inside paint event .
>
> --
(B=)