Thanks Bill it worked like a charm I changed
SDL_CreateWindow =: (SDLDLL, ' SDL_CreateWindow * &c i i i i i')&cd

To:
SDL_CreateWindow =: (SDLDLL, ' SDL_CreateWindow * *c i i i i i')&cd

And the garbage in the SDL2 created window title is gone. I don’t know why I
put the ‘&' in there, as most of the calls in the DLL wrapper use regular
pointers.

———————

Michael Day wrote:
" think you've already said you can't close the graphic yet”

That latest script I sent with the timer routine picks up the SDL_QuitEvent at
least under MacOS. The window will disappear. The problem now is I have to
close and reopen the entire J session to make it work again. If I call the
function to display the window, the birdie appears but no events get picked up
and the window will stay open. Kill J and restart, the window appears and will
disappear when you press the built in quit button on the window header.

Tom McGuire