I think a dataframe, in J would basically be a boxed list of columns,
and some associated list of column names.

It's the toolset we would build up to work with such a thing that
would make it useful.

(And maybe Jd is such a toolset? I do not know -- I have not motivated
myself to try Jd yet...)

--
Raul